There are two major online training opportunities.
- Internal training. It’s a break through approach to maintain or increase the regularity of staff/stakeholder training despite tighter budgets and happily, without compromising your key learning objectives.
For most organisations, face-to-face training still has a role. Yet in our increasingly cost conscious world, it’s no surprise that online training is growing so fast.
- External training. For training providers, it’s a highly profitable, rapid growth accelerator which leaps geographic borders because no costs of travel or venue hire are incurred for delivery.
In many cases, training companies transform their business models by using this efficient and engaging approach to monetise their intellectual property.
Online training works – check out the research
Online training is growing apace yet many organisations are still missing out. This is despite detailed research confirming it’s effective for different learning styles and personality types.
In 2010, the US Department of Education updated its research regarding online learning for adult and mature students. The findings were compelling – here are a few headlines.
- Online students perform modestly better, on average, than those learning the same material through traditional face-to-face instruction;
- Online learning can be enhanced by giving learners control of their interactions with media and prompting learner reflection;
- The effectiveness of online learning approaches appears quite broad across different content and learner types.
If you’d like to read more, please click here to download the findings from our free resources.
Three types of online training
We look at online training in three ways.
- Webinar/online seminar based training. This would offer an 80/20 mix of presenter training/participant interaction or activity. This is often used for features and benefits type sessions where updating staff is vital but staff competency certification is not required;
- Webinar based simulations training. This usually has a 30/70 mix of presenter training/participant interaction or activity. Here competency certification is usually necessary such as for use of new systems or observing revised policies and procedures; and
- Interactive virtual workshopping. This typically offers a 20/80 mix of presenter training/participant interaction or activity. This can be certified or uncertified depending on the nature of the content and each organisation’s needs.
Please note that there are manifold different software providers to facilitate online training delivery and we are agnostic about which one we recommend to you.
Our singular goal is to equip you to host and deliver outstanding online training experiences anywhere you require in the world, every time.
We coach you to Online Training Fitness in the timeframe that works for you. This will allow you to transition existing in-person sessions to online trainings or generate online trainings from a blank piece of paper, confident that participants will achieve the learning objectives.
Our approach encompasses one or more of the following activities.
- Determining which software provider will best meet your needs and budget.
- Converting an existing face-to-face session or designing an online training from scratch alongside you. This is the foundation of your Online Training Fitness.
- Provision of a digital guide to help scale online training learnings in your organisation.
- Online training mastery. This involves:
- Training the trainer in (a) live virtual workshop module(s).
- Attending a virtual workshop delivered by each trainer.
- Certifying trainers according to a standardised framework based on how they delivered that virtual workshop.
- Updating certified trainers 6 monthly on new tools and techniques to incorporate in virtual workshops given technology is constantly evolving.
If you like to hear more about how online training can benefit your organisation, please email us on email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you.