Are you seeking proven and efficient ways to achieve some or all of the following?
- reduce travel and audio conference call costs for meetings
- increase efficiency gains by reducing travel time related to meetings
- reduce ‘silo-ism’ by making it easy for people to attend virtual meetings who may not have been able to attend in person
- improve communication and speed up decision making by increasing the ease of working internally or even externally, with partners such as distributors or licensees
- make your organisation more agile and so, better able to adapt to change
- reduce your organisation’s carbon footprint
- improve information sharing by distributing recordings of meetings with those unable to make it in person
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then virtual meetings are a proven tool you should consider further right now!
What is a virtual meeting?
Think of it as a business discussion that is conducted online, where you can see and hear the other attendees and share what you are discussing. Virtual meetings are superb for everything from formal board meetings through to informal brainstorming sessions.
All you need is a computer, smart phone or tablet which is connected to the internet through a broadband connection.
Virtual meetings are the 21st century way to problem solve, share information, create ideas or do anything else you would traditionally do in an in-person meeting. Why don’t you give it a try? Get in touch.
Virtual meeting types
Most virtual meeting services work well for two types of meetings:
- Formal – Peer to peer meetings usually incorporating an agenda and content which are distributed to attendees (e.g. board, shareholder or project meetings).
- Informal – Less structured meetings with a diverse agenda and attendees who have a much wider range of roles (e.g. brainstorming session)
Virtual meetings can be conducted so that all participants are connected online or alternatively, as a hybrid, where some participants attend in person, others via the internet and some dialling into a landline if they can’t get to a screen.
Who uses virtual meetings and how?
A growing number of firms worldwide are using virtual or hybrid meetings for both their formal and informal meetings. Meeting uses include:
- board meetings
- project meetings
- workshops or brainstorming sessions
What are my next steps to secure these virtual meeting wins?
The Catalyzers can help you every step of the way from getting started through to mentoring you once you’re up and running. Our services include helping you with any or all of the following:
- choice of virtual meeting host/software,
- guidelines on optimal online meeting management,
- transition from in-person to virtual meetings, and
- optimising virtual delivery for all three learning styles – audio, visual and kinaesthetic.
Get in touch about Virtual Meetings now to lock in these wins for your organization.
PH: +64 9 889 0929 – AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
PH: +61 2 8011 3668 – SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
PH: +44 161 4080069 – MANCHESTER, UK
PH: +1 617 9399076 – BOSTON, USA